PDR Help CSAT Continue Providing Complete Care for the Digital World
Headquartered in Houston, TX, CSAT-Solutions is known for being the largest maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) facility in the United States. The company offers industry-leading methods and processes with the goal of helping customers succeed faster, leaner and more efficiently. One of its core competencies is understanding customer requirements and the ability to bring a new concept to fruition at a competitive cost and with world-class quality. CSAT-Solutions provides whole unit as well as component-level repair for both in-warranty and out-of-warranty consumer electronics. While its state-of-the-art repair centers perform thousands of repairs each day, the company’s fulfillment centers manage thousands of shipments and returns daily. “We are one of the leading supply chain companies on the globe with a vast portfolio of technical resources,” added Gordon Mackenzie, Vice President – Technology.
To help CSAT-Solutions stay at the top of the field in repair and warehousing services, it needed to partner with a company that understood its drive for quality and strong work ethic and shared the same kind of values. They found that in PDR. First partnering in 2012, the companies have a shared a long relationship, with CSAT-Solutions purchasing 27 systems over the past eight years. “It was important to us to partner in a joint technology roadmap to enhance the capability of the equipment. PDR felt that the technology partnership provided a win-win for both of us and embraced that philosophy for the life of the equipment,” added Mackenzie. “We jointly developed and were able to prove out linear technology that improved the quality and reliability of the repair beyond any of their competitors.”
The company has four types of PDR’s technologies, including XRAY 90kv, rework models X410 and XT5) and, most currently, the E3 Series.
“We chose PDR in our selection process for several important reasons that we felt helped differentiate PDR in the industry. CSAT-Solution operates in the reverse logistics service solutions business segment, and that means we needed a high degree of flexibility in the equipment to support the large product and model mix of our customers for printed circuit boards,” said Mackenzie. “We also run very high volumes for our reverse operations, so we needed a high degree of repeatability in machine to machine, and geography to geography. PDR was able to demonstrate exceptional process repeatability and high yields, along with machine-to-machine repeatability. Those features have enabled us to launch operations all over the world with the same recipes and processes.”
One of CSAT-Solutions’ most recent PDR acquisitions is the IR-E3, a high-powered system available with a multi-zone 2250W, 2800W or 3050W PCB preheater and designed to rework SMD, BGA, microBGA, QFN and LEDs on small- to medium-size PCB assemblies with up to a 18"/450 mm PCB capacity. The simple-to-use system is loaded with advanced features that deliver CSAT many benefits including the highest performance and soldering quality available. The multi-purpose flexible rework focuses on precision and simplicity, and the system is engineered to cope with the challenges of repairing today’s PCB assemblies. The system uses PDR’s patented Focused IR technology, the world’s only technology that uses Dual-band Visible IR Heating.
Both nozzle- and gas-free, IR-E3 is designed for precise control to produce 100 percent yield of CSAT’s SMD/BGA rework without complications. The keys are accurate closed-loop thermal feedback and intuitive, easy-to-use software. Additionally, the system provides the high levels of profiling and process control necessary for the effective rework of the most advanced packages, including SMDs, BGAs, CSPs, QFNs, LEDs, flip chips, 0201-01005s and all lead-free applications.
In addition to PDR’s innovative technology, CSAT-Solutions values PDR’s quality service and support. Mackenzie said, “The customer service and support we receive from PDR is excellent and has continued through the life of the product, while for many competitors that support finishes after the sale. I would never hesitate to recommend the people and products of PDR. They were the key to CSAT-Solutions providing customer-recognized world-class solutions for BGA replacement.”
CSAT Solutions has a reputation around the globe for providing a range of quality repair services including whole unit repair solutions, LCD panel and touch screen display repair, main logic board repair, smart phone repair solutions, flat panel monitor (FPM) repair, medical device and equipment repair, enterprise equipment, tape drive repair, hard drive screening and imaging, power supply repair, and commercial and industry PCB repair.
Additionally, the company provides a gamut of logistics and warehousing services to meet its customers needs:
• Forward and Reverse Logistics Services: CSAT-Solutions processes thousands of shipments and returns on a daily basis. It ships replacement parts to the field for use by service technicians along with bulk shipments to other HUBs and FSLs throughout the globe. The returns are screened and triaged to either scrap, shipped to the RTV vendor, or transferred to the repair line where the part can be subsequently placed back into finished goods inventory for use in a future parts dispatch based on OEM terms and/or Customer requirements.
• Warehousing and Parts Tracking at the Serial Number Level: CSAT-Solutions offers climate-controlled warehousing and parts management through serialized tracking systems; multi-vendor hub services under SLA agreements.
• Forward & Reverse Logistics: The company provides high-volume parts fulfillment services that include pick, pack, kitting and shipping worldwide.
• Supply Chain Management: By leveraging CSAT-Solutions All-In-One operations capabilities, the company can optimize customers’ supply chains through parts repair and tear-down/harvesting services. This capability ensures that the right part will be in the right place at the right time.
• Product Lifecycle Management: From excessive inventory to asset disposition programs, customers receive maximum value while their assets and related intellectual property stays protected.
“Innovation is our cornerstone,” Mackenzie concluded. “We offer industry-leading methods and processes to help our customers be as fast, lean and efficient as possible. We rely on PDR’s solutions to help us continue bringing new concepts to life at a competitive cost and with world-class quality.”
To find out more about CSAT-Solutions, contact Gordon Mackenzie, Vice President – Technology, at 4949 Windfern, Houston TX; 713-934-5200; E-mail: email@example.com; Web site: www.csat-solutions.com. For more information about PDR, contact the company at www.pdr-rework.com.